Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Game 6 Recap: Boston 2, Buffalo 2, SO LOSS

I missed most of the first period because I had to stay late at work, so I didn't see Wideman's goal from the blue line until there was a minute for replays.  Some observations from what I saw:

  • Kessel scores his 6th goal in 6 games AND the only goal that the Sabres have let up on the PK.  Washington got a 7 minute powerplay and got 3 shots/no goals.
  • Crash the net.
  • Mark Stuart didn't play excellently.  He took a bad penalty.  I guess that's why they didn't call him for the player introductions.  (Yes, I DO plan on riding this all season long)
  • Another Shootout, another loss.  Nice tie.  In my mind, the way the shootout is supposed to work is that there's a tie, but one team needs to leave with a "win" so they do the shootout dance.
  • Despite their 2-1-3 record, they're looking really good out there.  We've come away with points in a bunch of games, but we're giving up points to Montreal, Buffalo, etc.
  • Versus is not NESN.  However, during the Red Sox in 2 that I flipped to during commercial breaks, there was at least one time where it flashed "NESN, Home of the Bruins" on the screen.  It made me chuckle.
  • We can't be doing the Win one, lose two dance all season long, even if we are getting one point from 3/4 of our losses.  Points-wise, it's like we've won 3 games and gotten one tie over 6 games.  3-2-1 isn't terrible, but the Bruins are playing well enough right now that they should be getting better results.
  • Ryan Miller stole this game.  THEIF!
Record: 2-1-3
GO BRUINS!

0 Comments: